Friday, September 10, 2010

Going grey-cefully?

I've been hearing and reading people discussing this recently, and I have to say, I'm tempted. I've dark brown hair, and in the last 4 years it has gone very grey. I've been highlighting or colouring it for about the better part of 10 years now, since my early 20s, so if I keep this up, I'll be dying my hair for the better part of about 50 years (please God). Since I'm not very good at doing what the hairdresser (or packet) tells me, I dye it about 4 times a year, which is 200 hair dyes, and even if it's only a home job, I think the last one I used was about €15, and a whole lot more in a salon so it adds up pretty quickly. Then there are so many stories I hear about chemicals in other parts of my life that are less of a choice, food, water, etc, that I wonder do I need to expose myself to this too?

And then I think of how my roots already glow in the dark in certain lights (the lift in our apartment for one!) that I wonder am I actually brave enough, and will I look like a 70 year old with a 3month old baby?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment