Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I love lists

Right now I am sitting at my kitchen table and if my post ends abruptly, send help because I'm buried under an avalanche of paper.  I love lists.  They mean I get things done.  They mean I can sleep at night. They give me a sense that I can keep on top of things.  The General doesn't understand lists.  He just does things.  He throws out my lists (along with my receipts, but that's another post). 

Right now I can see lists in front of me for:
  • online shopping 
  • corner shop shopping
  • house moving
  • house packing
  • baby shopping (that's things Beautiful Girl needs, we're not looking for a second child just yet)
  • pros and cons for going back to work
  • pros and cons of setting up my own business
  • things I need to set up my own business
  • thoughts which might make interesting posts
And these are just the ones on paper.  On my laptop desk top I have more lists
  • "inspiration" for my business idea
  • books I want to down load for my Kindle
  • tv shows I want on box sets
  • questions to ask on the mum and kids forum I read
  • questions to ask my mum about BG
  • dates I have to remember
And then there's the ultimate list, the one that will come into its own I'm Benevolent Despot of the World.  Unless you're on that one, you'll never need to worry about it.  It's reserved for people who don't know how to drive or park and who show willful disregard for the English language, the use of prepositions and apostrophies. 

1 comment: