Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The internet hates me...

I love online shopping. The ability to filter the options so I only see black sleeveless tops, or purple wedge sandals, or children's toys suitable for 12-18months, or table sauces and condiments, is wonderful. The ease of picking an item, adding it to a basket and having a nice man bring it to my door, fills me with the joy of all that is wonderful about the internet. I do all my grocery shopping online these days, and I plan to get most of my Christmas shopping done this way too.

Well, I will if the internet stops hating me. I don't know what I did to make it take agin' me, but it has and it's been going on a while. The first major incident was with a very well known electronics supplier who told me they couldn't deliver my order because the delivery address didn't exist. In my surprise I nearly fell off my chair and through the non-existant second floor of the non-existant building. Thankfully I caught hold of my desk in time to save myself from falling into nothingness. The second time, I had disagreement with another well known company over their failed delivery of a very expensive camera. By the end of that week I had two, one for each eye. You would not believe how hard it was for me to give one of them back. Even people buying me presents online have had difficulty (so I know it's personal). The Brig once tried to buy me a lovely Kenwood Chef and instead was sent a body fat analyser...they obviously knew I'd be using the Kenwood for baking some day!

So my most recent difficulty is with a very large payment processor. They have frozen my credit card and won't allow me to use it until I send them details of what I had for breakfast two weeks ago last Thursday, and my grandmother's, grandmother's, aunt's maiden name.

If I didn't know better, I'd think The Brig had had a word to stop me spending the last of my maternity leave pay...

No comments:

Post a Comment