Friday, October 1, 2010

The wonder of wiring

We love our new house. We're slowly managing to unpack boxes and find new homes for more stuff than I ever thought two people could possibly own. Mind you, the small one we've brought along for the ride probably has as much to herself as The General and I have collectively.

So, our house was previously owned by a man keen on DIY. There are some lovely shelves and a light or two in places I wouldn't have thought of, but all in all we thought, happy days. That was until we wondered where the telly in the kitchen was plugged in. And where the pull cord for turning on the electric shower in the ensuite was... hmmm...

So far we have found the following, lets call them unlikely, connection points:
kitchen tv is plugged in in a cupboard over the fridge;
pull cord for the ensuite shower is in the main bathroom, we have still to find the switch for the electric shower in the main bathroom;
the gas meter is hidden in a wardrobe (?) in the converted garage;
the lights under the kitchen cabinets are turned on by the “oven on” switch, which I suppose means I'll never have to cook in the dark;
there's a second switch that has to be turned on to make the oven work;
there are six light switches in the hall beside the front door, and I have no idea what 3 of them are for;
I managed to turn on a light in the hall on the day we moved in, but haven't been able to find the switch again since.

I have no doubt our lovely house will continue to unfold her delights in the next few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment